Bernd Paulussen is the founder and Executive Director of Cash Consult Middle East FZ LLE. He has 22 years of experience with the cash industry and profound knowledge in the fields of banknote production and handling of physical cash.
Areas of expertise:
- Banknote manufacturing, design and integration of security elements with their manual and automatic detection
- Security- and design-upgrades of banknotes, as well as the introduction of completely new series
- Banknote handling, counting, sorting, processing, destruction in Central Banks
- Cash handling and logistics for all players of the cash cycle
- Standardization of cash handling processes
- Setting-up and management of cash centers for Central Banks and Cash-In-Transit Companies
- 22 years of consulting on cash related matters for Central Banks, Commercial Banks and CITs
- Mentoring of financial institutions on their way from manual to automated cash handling
- Support of financial institutions on their way to green-field cash centers
- Consulting for financial institutions on the continuous improvement of their cash management
Bernd held a succession of leadership positions within Giesecke & Devrient, his career has been entirely focussed on the modernization and optimization of cash in the Middle East and Africa.
Bernd’s knowledge and expertise covers all aspects of designing and manufacturing banknotes, as well as their circulation and handling with the help of a state-of-the-art cash cycle management. This concerns the handling of banknotes and coins by central banks, commercial banks, CIT-companies and retailers under special consideration of the many different market requirements, consumer behaviour patterns and country specific conditions.
Bernd holds a Master’s degree in International Business from the Université de Paris IV (Sorbonne), as well as a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Middle Eastern Sciences from the University of Applied Sciences in Bremen, Germany. In 1997 he joined Giesecke+Devrient as Regional Sales Director in the banknote printing division with a focus on African and Middle Eastern Central Bank customers. He moved to Dubai in 2000, where he joined the Currency Management Solutions Division of G+D and was overseeing the sales activities in the Middle East and Africa until 2018. In January 2019 he founded his own company ‘Cash Consult Middle East FZ LLE’ in Dubai and is now an independent consultant for the cash industry.